Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Read All About it-Children's Book Corner-Corduroy

corduroy

38.x550.Books.SILO-4

One of my childhood favorites is the loving tale of Corduroy. It was quite surreal when I had the opportunity to have lunch with Roy Freeman, author Don Freeman's son and the inspiration of Corduroy. Roy was lovely and talented in his own right and also a fan of the book.

Corduroy was read to me and my brothers by our mother many moons ago, yet the adventures of little Corduroy remain entertaining. We found this sweet natured teddy bear adorable and endearing. We would worry about Corduroy in the department store with the lights out looking for his button. This book is a true joy and a great story for children. Today, my nieces and nephew enjoy the story of Corduroy and I bet your little ones will too. Enjoy and Play Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment